3. Parrot Saves Girl from Choking
There is a saying that heroes are not always big and bulky, and that everyone can be a hero, no matter the size. This was proven by Willie, parrot who saved 2-year-old Hannah’s life. Hannah was choking on her food while the babysitter Megan was in the other room, preparing her bed and, noticing that, Willie flew to the babysitter, started flapping his wings and crying out “mama baby” over and over again. Megan realized something was wrong and she ran to the other room, saw that Hannah was choking and performed Heimlich technique on her, thus saving her life. Willie was a local hero, earning the Red Cross chapter’s Animal Lifesaver Award.